What would you tell your 18 year old self?

4 replies [Last post]
Imprinted-soul's picture

Hello all,

I just wanted to say that this webiste
has really helped me feel so much better
already! It feels so good to have a voice,
To be able share your experiences and knoledge (good or bad) and to be accepted.

I enjoy writing so much and i truely hope i improve so much more. Im so excited knowing that if i stay determined and focused i could one day become half as good at writing as most of you.

I am really happy to have met the people i have and cant wait to meet many more fellow writers on here!!

I dream to one day have some of my works published, for the world to read! Or to maybe even write songs..(definantly wont be singing them though:P)

What ups and downs have you overcome during your journey? What would you tell your 18 year old self if you could?

Peace Out :P xoxo

joewillard's picture
"Self...

...you are not someone who needs to find his place in the world, but rather, the world is at your disposal to make use of as you please. When the results of your actions are satisfying, repeat them. When the results of your actions are not satisfying, change them. Apply these things to each milisecond of your present life and focus little on past and future, for it doesn't exist. Lastly, say no to drugs, buy stock in Google, and don't play softball when you're 30 (you'll break your ankle)."  -Yourself

Paesano's picture
what would I tell my 18 year

what would I tell my 18 year old self?

"Chin up kid,the ride is about to get a whole lot easier"

MatthewWayne's picture
  While everyone could use

While everyone could use some improvement to their own art (as perfection is never acheived) Your poetry/prose is beautiful in it's own right. Just wanted to throw that out there, I have read some of the most powerful words here on this site alone and I have been inspired to better myself through the critiques people have shared with me here. This site is one of the rare finds on the internet and it grows more and more every day!! I too am glad you have found your way here to share with us your work!!!! Like wise to everyone else...

Also to answer your question, I'd tell my 18 year old self to not take life so seriously!!!!! :)

"I am my own sort of strange, a supernova of madness and brillance. Forced to share the same space and time. Sane enough to not be seen, yet not crazy enough to be heard." -- Matthew Wayne

admin's picture
Awesome

Love hearing stuff like this!!

thank you for being a member!

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org