PostPoems (The Beginning)

5 replies [Last post]
admin's picture

What do you miss about the original version of PostPoems?

• Simplicity?
  • Nostalgia?
  • The color scheme... lol?
  • Something else?
    Have a look at how PostPoems looked in September of 2000 thanks to the Way Back Machine internet archive.

A few interesting pages I found:

• Top Ten
  • The old BIO pages
  • The Inside PostPoems animated flash banner
  • The Weekly emails
  • Testimonials
  • Jason Minton
    PostPoems Admin
    support@postpoems.org

raminastar's picture
    I am going to stir the pot.. sorry

I do understand what the other comment meant about having the poem on its own page.. but I really like this new site. I like the colors... the flow..everything. I think it is easier to actually socialize with the other poets this way. I like knowing who is online.. who just posted something.. I think it makes my poetic networking so much easier. I like it. I love the ease of posting a new poem and commenting on someone elses poem. I think I just miss the guest book for those that did not want to post on a poem but just wanted to say hi. Thats my cheap two cents.. I am so thankful for everything you have provided us with that I have no complaints.

admin's picture
    thanks for the suggestion...

thanks for the suggestion... guestbook is on my list of things to look into adding.

Jason Minton
    PostPoems Admin
    support@postpoems.org

lyrycsyntyme's picture
    I definitely am nostalgic

I definitely am nostalgic about it. I like the technical improvements that were made, but wish they would have been put into play while keeping the original look. Even after i was away from the site for quite some time, when i was able to come back there was a warm, cozy feeling to seeing it again. Something about this place always had a simple, peaceful feel. I don't quite that feeling now, though i still like the site.

I especially miss the format of each individual poem. I like it to be the whole of the page, more of less. Now it's off to the site and it feels like it's sharing the moment. A poem is a moment all it's own.

admin's picture
    Great suggestion... i'm

Great suggestion... i'm working on some changes that will bring back a lot of the look and feel of the old site. I'll see what I can do for displaying a poem on a page all alone too :).

Jason Minton
    PostPoems Admin
    support@postpoems.org

mendy's picture
    Ok...

I actually loved the original site design. Of course, the girl in me prefers more colors, but hey that is probably just me being girlie...lol
    However, I do miss the drop down box so you can choose a catergory of poetry to read and the old bio pages were always kind of funny and random to go look at.

I do like the new site as well, just find sometimes its much more difficult to find what I'm looking for.

Thanks again for all you do:)!!