Vol 3 79 Favorite Quotes or Poem Lines

4 replies [Last post]
saiom's picture

The dating pool has tested positive for pond scum   -jessica lemmon-

Mowed grass         A single daisy remains      -Haiku Kin-
I don't believe in corporal punishment. If the child was bigger than the parent
would the parent strike him or her?   -E. Omaye-

That pol was shopping online hoping to find a spine  -A stephen colbert line
   modified by editor to remove product placement and the name of the attacked pol

Eyes at half mast   Jessica Lemmon

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive   Walter Scott
That's what careless words do. They make people love you a little less. Arundhati Roy

The pink of dawn, of the heart, a bird feather, of a peach or a flower petal, the different shades of the blue of the sky and the sea  -T J Brennan

Pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts   2 Peter 1: 16-21
If you are being driven to madness, we might as well carpool. -DW- http://postpoems.org/authors/AngryLaughter
Does one seek to vent or to persuade?   EKB    9
(re Covid etc) We are living in a world in which smart people need to be quiet so they don’t offend ignorance.     Robert J. O'Neill  
The silence lingered like a frozen video frame    -Stephen Brewerton
My memory is worse but my forgettery is stronger every day.  -Irma Mason-  
Lisa Jewell: The sea unfurls its carpet rolls (of blue onto the shore)
Why do nuns but not priests take vows of poverty?    EKB
Unseen they suffer. Unheard they cry. In agony they linger. in loneliness they die.   -Jeremy Bentham
"He who is used to a cage will weep for a cage" -Yevgeny Yevtushenko- after visitng a N American mink raising and slaughtering business
Re Ichabod Crane: With his clothes bagging and fluttering about him, one might have mistaken him  ....for some scarecrow eloped from a cornfield...... As his horse jogged on, the motion of his arms was not unlike the flapping of a pair of wings    - Washington Irving     
Baba Hari Das:  Silence brings siddhis (spiritual powers).   18
Is the wolf who cries when he eats the lamb better than the wolf who does not? Leo Tolstoy
He spoke with a voice of thunder; he laughed like the sunrise and his deeds were strong as the rock and as sweet as the fragrance of roses. The angels appeared to his mother and predicted that the son whom she would conceive would become the greatest the stars had ever seen. He was so great that he even forgave the crimes of his greatest enemies and shook brotherly hands with those who had plotted against his life. A Caucasian leader of the Circassians to Leo Tolstoy about Abraham Lincoln  *
"He wanted to be the baby at the baptism, the bride at the wedding, the corpse at the funeral."   Alice Roosevelt Longworth about Theodore Roosevelt's love of attention  
As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields. -unknown-
Honeybee hive is swaying in storm.  -Satish Verma-

on a willow....where love was born so long ago,  but for now, in the failing of age,
only its scars still survive.  -G F Thompson-  re lover initials carved on trees
Guilt is like a bank of low dark clouds that seem to be a solid wall before the sun. ...It is not strong enough to stop a button’s fall, nor hold a feather   -Course In Miracles (all 1500 pages are free and online)
They grovel at his feet, surround him excitedly Like mice gathered around foul-smelling cheese Little understood the mousetrap on which it rests
These little groveling groupies, his worshippers   -Stephen Brewerton

Elephants eat only plants…from this diet they never will cheat..and as a vegetarian…how can I not love an animal who refuses to eat meat   -Jim Yerman-  27

Time was a specter I could not outrun     Rudy Palma

Like a princely star, we consume our very soul to throw light into the darkest voids  -J Christopher Spinoza- 
V Lieske; Slime aspires to be pond scum.

Fame is a bee It has a song-  It has a sting- Ah, too, it has a wing
-Emily Dickinson    (Those who harm no bee need worry about no sting)
"The burial grounds of the boneyard.  Where we laid the seeds of love from our hearts."     from Ashes_twisted
Don't go into the mirror house. Only the simple light
of truth will get one through.  -Donald W Wilson- 
'A beam of Sunshine pierces through leaves kissing dappled blades of grass
               - Sylkie Smoothie-      
Anyone can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count the apples in a seed.  -Robert Schuller-
One never has enough data to assign value to any action   -Starseed Transmissions- 36
Others come  to drink the mountain's heart like sassafras tea, perhaps absorb its wisdom and wild strength -Patricia Joan Jones-

Beyond the thickness of the trees what is embedded in the most..

a vertical glacier of vapors rising from the ground

leaving tiny signatures of signatures on the barks  -Rainer Bukowski- 

Sun-kissed mornings turn into charcoal nights, White lies form a dark truth,

Innocent love becomes a hidden desire  -Rebecca Hamilton-  

They were men before they were monuments  Jon Meacham

When the flowers blossom, the bees come. When the student is ready the teacher appears.  -Ram Dass and the Bhagavad Gita-

Our neighbor is sick. She has come to the fence

walking like a woman who is balancing a sword inside her body.   -Mary Oliver-

Lovers face to face, friends side by side  C S Lewis

Kriyananda paraphrased: Those who have been awakened by a spiritual master must be careful to think only positive thoughts, for their thoughts materialize faster than
other people's.   Kriyananda paraphrased

like a sunny day happening in the middle of the night.. and in that firmament of the sky, lightning with no rain.  Yogaraj Gurunath Siddhanath: re darshan of Babaji:  45

Yogaraj Gurunath Siddhanath:  Break the bonds of the space time continuum 

EO and BB: Psilocybin the mushroom removes the fear of death revealing that all are brothers and sisters in one family. it grows on cow manure which in a dry state is said to have antiseptic qualities 

Alice Roosevelt Longworth's couch pillow had a sewn script on it; "If you have

nothing good to say about anyone, sit next to me." 

Abandon all varieties of dharma (righteousness) and only surrender unto Me (God)    -Bhagavad Gita-   Interpretation: God is beyond all the duality of right and wrong. Only God knows all the factors of and consequences of any action. 

If they ask why we died tell them that our fathers lied.   -Rudyard Kipling- re the death of his son in WW1, a war for which his father had propagandized.

to pursue beauty to its lair  -Arundhati Roy-

Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day I can hear her breathing.    Arundhati Roy

The clouds are all cracked tonight like brittle icing leaving a beautiful

deep blue cake underneath     -EKB-

How grand to be a toucan — Just think what Toucan do  -Dorothy Sayers-  54

Whenever science makes a discovery, the devil grabs it while the angels are debating the best way to use it. —Alan Valentine

the diner... at every table Ptomaine has a prior reservation     Starward  

Some women around men cower, unwilling to exercise their own power.  R Cull

Drunkenness is tempoerary suicide    Bertrand Russell

I communed with my own heart   -Ecclesiastes-

Without you there's no me     Dave Browder

'Break a heart to drop the pride of

climbing pink rose on the white wall   Satish Verma

i shall rise up for anyone deemed imperfect...who may seem a little odd...

for anyone who doesn't look like me... or prays to a different God     Jim Yerman

We cut down the trees Emptied the seas Wiped out the bees A case of the Me s Killed all the We s       M Clarissa   63

i didn't mind that corporation making a living off of me. i did mind they're

making a killing off of me.       James M Grubb        

A problem shared is a problem halved. 

Physical reality is one of the biggest horror movies of all, and you know how we

love horror movies.    Thaddeus Golas, author of Lazy Man's Guide To Enlightenment

Asked about his opinion on working with Douglas MacArthur

ike said 'i studied dreama under him for several years'.

Footnote:  MacArthur faced with all his soldiers going off on the Bataan death march as he prepares to boat to safety in Australia... announces  "i shall return."

Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until,

in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God.

-Aeschylus-  quoted by Robert F Kennedy on the evening of April 4, 1968 to

an indiana group after confirming the assassination of Dr Martin Luther King jr.

L Kleypas: I love you without limit, beyond forever.

The shadow moves as the sun commands.

Death is a canoe slipping into a stream      Jan Freundschuh

Red ve;vet room, red velvet room, rolls me in its mouth and swallows

me to sleep          Barbara Feldon   72

i like to go in Marietta to the shore of the Ohio River and listen. It is the quiet flowing sound of awesome power.  James M Grubb paraphrased.  The power will only grow as it flows into the Mississippi.

Lies are like bunny rabbits. They keep having babies

-Michael Tepping-

When one crosses the threshold of a US hospital, he loses all his

rights. -Michael Tepping-

No cockroach fetuses were harmed in the production of this

product.   -Dick Slocum-

I prefer winning to fighting    -Eloise Sue Vance-

Does one seek to vent or to persuade  -E K Bertsch-

My body carries famine insurance  -overweight comedian-

saiom's picture
4 quotes

We cut down the trees Emptied the seas Wiped out the bees

A case of the Me s Killed all the We's       M Clarissa

Pulse of my heart, breath of my soul, your shadow is sunlight to me

-L Kleypas-

Roses waft their scent to you. Take the time.     WHO Jr

Reality has no left and right     WHO Jr

saiom's picture
  Favorite Lines Of Poets

Favorite Lines Of Poets And Writers  87

(will remove any duplications)

When the mind is open and awake   then do the gods partake
to fill the spaces in between the dreamer and his dream  -Sarah Pere-
Forgiveness is a game only saints play. -Kabir-
Love is nature's way of giving a reason to be living"  Han Suyin
Not knowing when the dawn will come I open every door.   Emily Dickinson
I love little children but I don't cut off their heads and stick them in vases  George Bernard Shaw on plucking flowers
Did you ever lose your heart and then find your soul?  Daryl Eliot
I have no enthusiasm for nature which the slightest chill will not instantly destroy.  The woman known as George Sand
Only in my dreams I am free  Ron Parrish
The accused are tried in courts they never enter.  Patricia Joan Jones  9
A man's heart saddened is a poet's heart gladdened     Michael Wilson of Washington DC
When you do something from your heart, you leave a heartprint   Alice Walker
Life's an efile spelt backwards ..splice a scene you don't want and see it on the floor..
walk on it and walk out the door  Buddiee
Earth's crammed with heaven...But only he who sees, takes off his shoes.  Elizabeth Barrett Browning,
Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.   Rabindranath Tagore
That's what careless words do. They make people love you a little less      Arundhati Roy,
Love is more powerful than lover for love is not bound by form  Baba Hari Das
To a former foe... Now I see you as a pure rushing fountain adorned only by your own sweet splashes"    Jan Freundschuh  
Forgive them... you don't know how they are tied to the traintracks of their karma."   S A Grafio   18
Poetry is language at its most distilled.     Rita Dove
When one eats cow's tongue, who is tasting whom?"   Mark Braunstein
Unless we change our food choices, nothing else matters. Because it is meat that is destroying most of our forests. It is meat that pollutes the waters. It is meat that is creating disease which leads to all our money being diverted to hospitals.  Maneka Gandhi
Every word we utter or write is either a blessing or a curse     Unknown
Thinking negatively is akin to focusing a mirror on the void instead of on the light.  -Sathya Sai Baba- paraphrased
Kashmir is mont crowned, lake garlanded and flower shod."  Paramahansa Yogananda
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. -Jesus
The branch need not ask support from the vine. (paraphrased) -God Calling
People may forget what you said .. but people will never forget how you made them feel.  Maya Angelou
The entire world shall be populous with that action which saves one soul from despair   Omar Khayyam
Even as a river demands its own course   -blacktealeaves-
Secretary change: The typewriter sound of a chicken pecking for corn was exchanged for the submachine gun on the keypad.  -DPB-
I will be the gladdest thing Under the sun! I will touch a hundred flowers And not pick one. Edna St Vincent Millay
Darkness is the absence of light. Absences do not exist. Darkness does not exist." Rajneesh
St Francis said to the almond tree, 'Sister, speak to me of God.' And the almond tree blossomed.'  
Nikos Kazantzakis
Description (not preaching) bypasses the opposition of the reader."  Meher Baba paraphrased
I know why the caged bird sings     Paul Lawrence Dunbar
I am tired, Beloved, of chafing my heart against the want of you; of squeezing it into little inkdrops, And posting it.  Amy Lowell
He that slayeth an ox is as he that slayeth a man     Isaiah
The avatar was conceived in his mother's womb as purely as the rays of the setting sun in the west are transmitted to the rising moon in the East"  Srila Prabhupad paraphrased
Rising from the ocean, monsoon clouds travel toward the snowy peaks of the Himalayas.... hug them and return roaring to the plains, laden with pure snowy waters."   Swami Rama
Dandelions... they must be God's favorite flower for he plants them everywhere   James M Grubb
Lady conductor... she raised her baton and Beethoven answered.  John C Lehman Jr
My master's visualizations were so powerful their condensation into matter was mere signature
   Kriyananda speaking of Yogananda
No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks.”  Mary Shelley
Do not go into the mirror house. Only the simple light of truth will get you through. -Donald W Wilson
I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed
and that necessary. Margaret Atwood
He is a heavy eater of beef. Methinks it doth harm to his wit    William Shakespeare
(Milkweed seed) What power had I before I learned to yield. Shatter me Great Wind. I shall possess the field. Richard Wilbur  1st stanza of Two Voices In A Meadow
And still after all this time, the sun has never said to the earth 'you owe me'. Look what happens with love like that.  Rumi
There's a big, restless, fly in my room this morning. Its wings a-buzz. There was a time I would have killed it on the spot, but, now that I am older, I don't see the point in doing so. Its death won't make my coffee taste better, and if anything, will make my luck worse.   Dan Tompsett
They buried us, but they didn't know we were seeds. '" Dinos Christianopoulos
Al Franken:  Perry Mason always announces the murderer around 5 minutes to the hour (paraphrased)
6 year old N Earley watching her grandfather bait a hook:  "Grandpa
were the worms bad?"
When God sings with his creations, will a turtle not be part of his choir?  -unknown-
All the sweetest apples have been windfalls.  -Lolette Kuby
“There was a mouse for want of stairs Ran up a rope to say his prayers.” Isaac Watts
If wars can be started by lies, peace can be started by truth. —Julian Assange
The state cannot give life but demands the right to take it.  -Frederick C Davis (author) or Harry O Hoyt (screenplay)-
I went to jail for 11 days for disturbing the peace; I was trying to disturb the war.”  -Joan Baez-
Lady Conductor: She raised her baton.. and Beethoven answered. -John C Lehman Jr
The judge murders within the law   -Agatha Christie-
Hitherto I had stuck to my resolution of not eating animal food, and on this occasion I considered, with my master Tryon, the taking every fish as a kind of unprovoked murder, since none of them had or ever could do us any injury that might justify the slaughter   -Benjamin Franklin in his autobiography-
The beach at Sanibel...an Arlington cemetery of shells  -Janet B.O.-
Chills are sometimes called goose bumps because each time a feather was yanked out of a goose a bump was left. -JECJ-
Another storm has clothed me in the silk of purity   -Patricia Joan Jones-
And even in our sleep,
pain which cannot forget
falls drop by drop upon the heart,
until in our own despair, 
against our will,
 comes wisdom through the awful grace of God.- Aeschylus  (quoted by Robert F Kennedy on the night he had the painful duty of announcing to the gathered crowd that Martin Luther King had been murdered.)
How swiftly flows the Mogami, gathering all the rains of June    Matsuo Bashō
(Fear is like) a bank of low dark clouds  (Yet) It is not strong enough to stop a button's fall, nor hold a feather.  Course In Miracles
I am a writer perhaps because I am not a talker.  Gwendolyn Brooks.
I don't need to be better than anyone else. I need to be better than I used to be.  Wayne Dyer
Those who are conceived in a cage will weep for a cage     Yevgeny Yevtushenko after visiting a fur farm
Don't worry, spiders. I keep house casually      Issa
The Master acts without doing anything and teaches without saying anything.
Things arise and she lets them come   Lao Tzu in the Tao Te Ching
Squirrels tunnel under the snow and climb up the birdfeeder  Nancy A Lynch
I felt like an orange deliciously being pulled apart segment by segment   J Pear, an official LSD researcher   
My mother's laugh was a magnetic waterfall     Jan Freundschuh  
I don't hate in plurals.   P G Wodehouse's reply to someone who made a racist statement.
Don't try to micromanage God  H Pani
The Himalayas are the massed laughter of Shiva   -unknown author-
Snowmen drop unassembled from the sky  -anonymous email-
That boss took a bite out of my friend's nameplate    Michael Cull
The Bible belt had become the death belt  -Sister Helen Prejean- (re states executing prisoners..but that is changing now)
Love is the rose. Lust is the thorn.   Sai Baba
The sound of a chicken pecking for corn was replaced by that of a machine gun  DPB about hiring
   a more competent secretary when the other one resigned to be married

The law is what the judge ate for breakfast    Unknown

We have to believe in free-will. We've got no choice.  -Nobel prize winner

Isaac B Singer who criticized Nabokov for killing beautiful butterflies

and impaling them

saiom's picture
More Favorite Lines

When the mind is open and awake then do the gods partake
to fill the spaces in between the dreamer and his dream -Sarah Pere-
Forgiveness is a game only saints play. -Kabir-
Love is nature's way of giving a reason to be living Han Suyin
Not knowing when the dawn will come I open every door. Emily Dickinson
I love little children but I don't cut off their heads and stick them in vases
George Bernard Shaw on plucking flowers
Did you ever lose your heart and then find your soul? Daryl Eliot
I have no enthusiasm for nature which the slightest chill will not instantly destroy.
The woman known as George Sand
Only in my dreams I am free Ron Parrish
The accused are tried in courts they never enter. Patricia Joan Jones
A man's heart saddened is a poet's heart gladdened Michael Wilson of Washington DC
When you do something from your heart, you leave a heartprint Alice Walker
Life's an efile spelt backwards ..splice a scene you don't want and see it on the floor..
walk on it and walk out the door Buddiee

Earth's crammed with heaven...But only he who sees, takes off his shoes. Elizabeth Barrett Browning,

Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark. Rabindranath Tagore

That's what careless words do. They make people love you a little less Arundhati Roy,

Love is more powerful than lover for love is not bound by form Baba Hari Das

To a former foe... Now I see you as a pure rushing fountain adorned only by your own sweet splashes Jan Freundschuh

Forgive them... you don't know how they are tied to the traintracks of their karma. S A Grafio

Poetry is language at its most distilled. Rita Dove

"When one eats cow's tongue, who is tasting whom?" Mark Braunstein

Unless we change our food choices, nothing else matters. Because it is meat that is destroying most of our forests. It is meat that pollutes the waters. It is meat that is creating disease which leads to all our money being diverted to hospitals. Maneka Gandhi

"Anyone can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count the apples ih a seed." Robert Schuller

Every word we utter or write is either a blessing or a curse Unknown

All beings are beautiful seen through eyes of love.
-Sathya Sai Baba- paraphrased

"Kashmir is mont crowned, lake garlanded and flower shod." Paramahansa Yogananda

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. -Jesus

The branch need not ask support from the vine. (paraphrased) -God Calling

People may forget what you said .. but people will never forget how you made them feel. Maya Angelou

Even as a river demands its own course -blacktealeaves-

Secretary change: The typewriter sound of a chicken pecking for corn was exchanged for the submachine gun on the keypad. -DPB-

I will be the gladdest thing Under the sun! I will touch a hundred flowers And not pick one. Edna St Vincent Millay

"Darkness is the absence of light. Absences do not exist. Darkness does not exist." Osho

'St Francis said to the almond tree, 'Sister, speak to me of God.' And the almond tree blossomed.'
Nikos Kazantzakis

Description (not preaching) bypasses the opposition of the reader. Meher Baba paraphrased

I know why the caged bird sings Paul Lawrence Dunbar

I am tired, Beloved, of chafing my heart against the want of you; of squeezing it into little inkdrops, And posting it. Amy Lowell

He that slayeth an ox is as he that slayeth a man Isaiah

"The avatar was conceived in his mother's womb as purely as the rays of the setting sun in the west are transmitted to the rising moon in the East" Srila Prabhupad paraphrased

Rising from the ocean, monsoon clouds travel toward the snowy peaks of the Himalayas.... hug them and return roaring to the plains, laden with pure snowy waters. Swami Rama

Dandelions... they must be God's favorite flower for he plants them everywhere James M Grubb

Lady conductor... she raised her baton and Beethoven answered. John C Lehman Jr

My master's visualizations were so powerful their condensation into matter was mere signature
Kriyananda speaking of Yogananda

No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks.” Mary Shelley

Do not go into the mirror house. Only the simple light of truth will get you through. -Donald W Wilson

"I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed
and that necessary." Margaret Atwood

He is a heavy eater of beef. Methinks it doth harm to his wit William Shakespeare

(Milkweed Seed)
Anonymous as cherubs

Over the crib of God,

White seeds are floating

Out of my burst pod. What power had I before I learned to yield. Shatter me Great Wind. I shall possess the field. Richard Wilbur 1st stanza of Two Voices In A Meadow

And still after all this time, the sun has never said to the earth 'you owe me'. Look what happens with love like that. Rumi

There's a big, restless, fly in my room this morning. Its wings a-buzz. There was a time I would have killed it on the spot, but, now that I am older, I don't see the point in doing so. Its death won't make my coffee taste better,
and, if anything, will make my luck worse. Dan Tompsett

The state cannot give life but demands the right to take it. -Frederick C Davis (author) or Harry O Hoyt (screenplay)-

“I went to jail for 11 days for disturbing the peace; I was trying to disturb the war.” -Joan Baez-
Lady Conductor: She raised her baton.. and Beethoven answered. -John C Lehman Jr
The judge murders within the law -Agatha Christie-
Hitherto I had stuck to my resolution of not eating animal food, and on this occasion I considered, with my master Tryon, the taking every fish as a kind of unprovoked murder, since none of them had or ever could do us any injury that might justify the slaughter -Benjamin Franklin in his autobiography-

The beach at Sanibel...an Arlington cemetery of shells -Janet B.O.-
Chills are sometimes called goose bumps because each time a feather was yanked out of a goose a bump was left. -JECJ-

Another storm has clothed me in the silk of purity -Patricia Joan Jones-

“And even in our sleep,
pain which cannot forget
falls drop by drop upon the heart,
until in our own despair, 
against our will,
 comes wisdom through the awful grace of God.” Aeschylus
(quoted by Robert F Kennedy on the night he had the painful duty of announcing to the gathered crowd that Martin Luther King had been assassinated).

How swiftly flows the Mogami, gathering all the rains of June Matsuo Bashō

(Fear is like) a bank of low dark clouds (Yet) It is not strong enough to stop a button's fall, nor hold a feather. Course In Miracles

I am a writer perhaps because I am not a talker. Gwendolyn Brooks.

I don't need to be better than anyone else. I need to be better than I used to be. Wayne Dyer

Those who are conceived in a cage will weep for a cage Yevgeny Yevtushenko after visiting a fur farm

Don't worry, spiders. I keep house casually Issa

The Master acts without doing anything and teaches without saying anything.
Things arise and she lets them come Lao Tzu in the Tao Te Ching

Squirrels tunnel under the snow and climb up the birdfeeder Nancy A Lynch
I felt like an orange deliciously being pulled apart segment by segment J Pear, an official LSD researcher
I don't hate in plurals. P G Wodehouse's reply to someone who made a racist statement.
Don't try to micromanage God H Pani
Others because you did not keep That deep-sworn vow have been friends of mine;
Yet always when I look death in the face, When I clamber to the heights of sleep,
Or when I grow excited with wine, Suddenly I meet your face.
Eugene McCarthy was given a hard time when he was campaigning for
smoking Cuban cigars. He joked "I prefer to think I'm burning Castro's crops'.
In reality McCarthy was an early supporter of Castro and the right of the Cuban people to kick out Batista "https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/how-castro-survived-638-assassination-attempts/8064788">
Feelings are conclusions of the heart... the paths to which are often forgotten Unknown
If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito.
-Betty Reese

Spiritual Diet: It has been my habit since 1994 to practice a vegetarian diet. It is
not necessary for me to take life to sustain my own. I believe that
all life is sacred from the house fly to the human. God is the Creator
of all Life. In the beginning God created all life vegetarian, both
human and animal. It was not until after the flood that living beings
began to eat meat. I do not preach that it is sin to eat flesh but I
will say in this day and age it is unwise. God's original design was a
vegetarian diet until sin entered the world and death by sin. I choose
to honor God's original design with my diet. I do not have the ability
to eat animals. I cannot do this in good conscience. I have offered my
diet to God as a perpetual fast. I have chosen to honor His original
diet and to reverence the life He created. In order to eat an animal
she must first be dead. It is not wise to devour death.  -Brother James Marcus-

Kashmir is mont-crowned, lake-garlanded, and flower-shod     -Yogananda-

A Milkweed:

Anonymous as cherubs
Over the crib of God,
White seeds are floating
Out of my burst pod.
What power had I
Before I learned to yield?
Shatter me, great wind:
I shall possess the field.

-Richard Wilbur-  One of 2 voices in his poem "Two Voices In A Meadow"

Others because you did not keep
That deep-sworn vow have been friends of mine;
Yet always when I look death in the face,
When I clamber to the heights of sleep,
Or when I grow excited with wine,
Suddenly I meet your face.

-William Butler Yeats-  the poem title A Deep Sworn Vow

She drives so slowly the bugs are on her rear windshield    L M Bertsch

Senator Edward M Kennedy:  I am prochoice. My opponent is multiple choice.

saiom's picture
 V 3:14

Near Rishikesh, wild elephants sometimes came at night and ate the straw from the walls and roof of our huts.  -Swami Rama-

Abandon all varieties of dharma and only surrender unto

Me  -Bhagavad Gita-

The most ancient travelers of the Himalayas are the clouds which roll gently from the Bay of Bengal. Rising from the ocean, these monsoon clouds travel toward the snowy peaks of the Himalayas, hug them, and return roaring to the plains, laden with pure snowy waters. They shower their blessings and bestow them upon the soil of India. -Swami Rama- complete text of his

book Living With The Himalayan Masters if free online.

God is the Seeker. We are the sought.  Sufi saying

Vacha siddhi: a term meaning that if one always tells the
truth angels (devas) will materialize into reality whatever he or she speaks  -Amod Thakur-

What we did in the New Deal, Al Smith did first
in New York   -FDR-
Adam took it like a man. He blamed a woman  (forget author)

a. (About the rejection of his manuscript by publishers after which he put it in the attic) It has been submitted to the

gnawing criticism of the mice.  b. my beard sacrificed on the altar of the Nigerian barber-Karl Marx-

The time has arrived in America for the Democratic Party to get out of the shadow of states' rights and to walk forthrightly into the bright sunshine of human rights.  -Senator Hubert Humphrey- He spoke

against segregation at the 1948 Democratic convention'. Later if he

had separated himself from Lyndon Johnson's Vietnam war he could

have been president.

Karl Marx: the shaved porcupine  -Francis Wheen-

Wallflowers bloom too   J M Thompson

The Lord is good to me and so I thank the Lord

for giving me the things I need..

the sun and the rain and the apple seed.   -Disney screenwriter-

He does not want it now to rhyme for its just about his dinnertime.

-Donald W Wilson-

being able to express deep emotion can literally save a person's life, and suppressing emotion can kill both spiritually and physically.  L kleypas